Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Time to Leave

I admired both of them sisters, but felt in love with only one. Alas, fate didn't seem to be on the side of this fanciful love. Like a dream, I was there, shaking hands with everyone in the family. Aunt Gretchen, magnificent as always, no doubt the most important meber of the Millers, shook my hand. It was her thing to take care of all family affairs. And I became, God only knows how, one of them. That one being my very last day in town, I felt like my world was being shattered. Pieces of hopes and dreams scattered all over the place. Would I seen her again? Would I really come back after one year, or two, to visit this dear place, to enjoy the simple pleasures of a simple life? A part of me said "Yes, we need to come back one day, and it needs to be soon". But deep in my soul I knew that it was my duty to postpone this rendez-vous as much as I could. Deep, very deep there I knew that I was not coming back. And I knew that I was losing her for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment