Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Scene

I hear my mother talking to my dad. It's about a note somebody left for me, and the words I am able to listen , all of them my mother's, are "Well, I don't know if he really needs to see this note", I heard. "Does it make sense? Well, not to me, it just says 'I love you. You know who I am.' Who can write a note like that? A girl, I would say, and a young one, for that matter. Perhaps is just part of a prank, you know he has all this weird acquaintances, I don't know why he calls them friends, some of them having strange ways and an a sense of humor that I don't understand. Seriously, do you think we need to hand him this note?" My father's reply was quick, and issued in such a low voice that I didn't perceive a word of it. The reply didn't really quench my mother's eagerness to debate about the note and how it had no stamps from the post office. Was is a scam? She wanted to spare me any possible annoyance. I decide to make my move. So I get up and slowly drag my slippers reaching my bedroom's door. Just at the moment I was passing by my parents' room's door, I hear her words again, this time it was: "He's awake. You should try and ask him if he knows this girl. I'm just amazed, I don't know what to think, doesn't really seem to be serious, does it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment