Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stressing a statement helps finding the truth, or does it?

As always, I had a curious dream. This time, I was dreaming about people I know, but all of them immersed in a very specific context, whose most remarkable feature was all of us taking care of a bunch of nuts. They were of the edible kind, I might add. Now that I think about it, kind or reminds me of that scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory, only we were human beings, not squirrels. So I was there in a position of "leadership", let's say, but not alone, for two more shared this attribute with me. The three of us were concerned about the nuts not running out from their shelves and containers, and our staff was acting in a hectic way, which posed to us, the "management", a very serious problem (although I didn't have any solid semantics to assure me that the problem was grave, but, as I said in a previous post, when you're dreaming you accept the majority of statements as absolute).

I'm amazed of the way a dreamed adventure seems to be real, but I'm even more surprised by the conclusions that may be derived of this: appearing to be real, our dreams compel us to behave in a certain way. If we are capable to tell what we dreamed about, then we might be able to compare our behavior and its dynamics with what we think about ourselves. After some trimming, we have statements that we may issue about ourselves, and though they may be incomplete, and rough or even absurd, they have information that should not be dirsregarded about our psyche.

So I, acting the lead role in my own dream, felt like pepping up the staff by emphasizing the importance of acting hastily. In a way, I didn't understand why we were storing nuts in the shelves, but even under that circumstance, felt like doing what was possible to stop the losses of nuts. I really didn't have an argument to offer to the staff or to the other leaders, but I found it absolutely necessary to issue such an argument. So then it came to me that these nuts were our assets, that they were our wealth. Incredibly, still immersed in a world of dreams, I managed to get hold of the idea of economics. I didn't care if the criterion was true, or not, for I didn't know if the nuts belonged to us and if there was a market for them. I just made it all up in my dream. My pepping up of the staff produced more efficiency in the storing duties every time I used more energy in my harangue. Now the other leaders seemed to think that we really were there for the nuts, and the task of storing them with a minimum loss was successfully attained.

The conclusion: if you manage to believe that there is a reason to do what you are doing, you'll be able to do it successfully! Nice conclusion, and nice ending!

But... I just checked out the title I assigned to this post, and it includes the idea if finding what is true.

I just said that in my dream the idea of becoming wealthy by means of dealing in the nut market was more a pretext than an actual premise. But in reality it felt in a different way, it felt that I was assigning that value to the nuts and extending this idea of value to outside of my "nut storage/factory". It felt (in our dreams there's a lot of 'feeling') that I was capable to command the world and tell them "I have nuts, and I am collecting them, and thus now you will buy my nuts". Sounds crazy, but that feeling was what compelled me in the beginning to start this writing.

Seriously, I need to think a little bit more about it, and will, afterwards, streamline this post. But if the lesson stays put, then I might have learned now that we can make others believe in what we believe. Moreover, truth doesn't exist, its real name is motivation. And we find the truth only if we can create a motivation. Believe in something, and you're already making it the truth. Make other believe in that something, and your truth will be shared for many more people. They will believe, and know, that that is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment