Thursday, February 10, 2011

A dream

Me and a friend were in a fancy beach resort. Of course, there was there what is in every beach resort: white houses built in a beach style, their walls made out of tiny bricks, wharves were numerous vessels were docked, green gardens to ornate the whole compound, some other architectural elements such as fake lighthouses, ornaments made up of rope and white painted metal rods with rings at their tips, white stands scattered all over the place, beautiful gardens with shiny light green grass surrounded by a yellowish aura. And last, but not least, the waterline. A maze composed of waterways capriciously joining the land areas, wide enough to allow a medium size boat sail tour the whole resort. Actually, even wider. The water looked crystal cool, and its color was like cobalt, a mist coming upwards and bathing our nostrils with sheer freshness. After a second, we are already standing on top of one of the boats. A moment later, we are sailing. And while this required special attention for we knew that there was always the risk of crashing if we didn't sail with safety, well, we didn't. That is, sail we safety. Instead of that, a clear movie of what was a series of still scenes outside began playing in front of my eyes, and I would have bet that before the eyes of my friend as well. It was an extremely crazy ride, and we wanted out of it. But it was too late, for despite none of us having started the sail, the images of the surrounding environment were shifting with a sort of violence. But everything kept being beautiful, and people out there still enjoyed the sunny heat and the pristine landscape. If you asked any of the others, neither me nor my friend were about to have a fatal crash or meant any kind of risk to the life of passersby.

There was a time differential there, for some twenty seconds counted to me as a good forty minutes lapse. I felt the adrenaline inside me, and a mix of joy and fear. While gliding at high speed, I found myself aware of some roads reserved for people and closed for vessels. And we crossed from our ship area to the bathing area, in a nick of time. Being there, we vowed with almost religious intensity not to hurt anybody, or anything that was on our way. People still smiled, and swam with irradiating joy, as if we were an entertainment act and our impulsive trajectory was under perfect control of some show master. So we glided over all the waterways, and came finally to the non restricted area. Suddenly, our ship braked with smoothness, and we found ourselves in safety again.

And then, my awaking ensued.

So, what's the point of narrating this dream? I asked that myself before doing so. My intention was to set a signal that experiences come not only from the "real" world, but for our imagination. I had this dream only minutes before I started writing this post. And it felt part like an event really happening in my life, and part as something I was watching, full color, in a big screen. Two points that I find extremely relevant:

1) The impression of the thing being real

2) That the whole experience was "written" by my subconscious mind, and that it was it that told the story, choosing the place and the elements which composed it. And also, that my mind acted by its own volition, and by no means under my command, to produce this vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment