Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Man Who Has Everything

Hello, my name is Adrian. I lack nothing in my life. For instance, I have enough credit to acquire whatever I need, or want. You are probably expecting me to talk about how I live, about the way I experience pleasure, and probably to hear me making conclusions about the good life. I know that you want to know that, for pretty much everybody wants to experience or find out, at least for a brief moment, what is it to live with no worries. But I risk to disappoint you, because I am about to expose those aspects of my life with I consider the most relevant, and these certainly are not those related to the good life, but with a life lived under the beacon of awareness.

I own a Patek Philippe Grande Complication. It's nice, though I wouldn't say beautiful. I just have it, and it reminds me of the fact that I can afford anything I want. Don't expect me to talk about my car, or the size of my house. I am somebody who doesn't have any real budgetary constraints on his pursuit of comfort. The thing is, I buy a new car as your average Joe buys a new light bulb or soap tablet. So I don't really care about them, cars. I have everything, and I don't really need nothing from nobody. In a way, I am almighty. It feels good.

I don't work under a superior, so I don't need to humble myself by pretending that I acknowledge being wrong when I do lively feel that I am right. My demeanor is located far from any populated place, because I can afford it, and so that no neighbor might disturb the peace of my day. I don't need to deal with lots of people, I share my time only with few persons in a day, and it is me who decides who they may be. But don't believe I am a lonely person. I have friends, it's only that they know my rules, that I won't adopt somebody under my wings to allow him live the comfortable life that I have, although I could! There would certainly be little sense in doing that. My life is one that only could be lived under the light of great awareness, and this awareness opens my eyes to this truth: that things matter very little in life, that is the way people think and act and behave that matters. That is the way people see things that may make them free or burn them to the marrow. There's, I think, only one man in a million that won't be really vulnerable to the temptation embodied by the infinite possibilities that the infinity of things offer in infinite markets. I am one of those men.

No comments:

Post a Comment